The Book Diggers

The Book Diggers
I own The Book Diggers, and you can find my products on eBay

Saturday 16 April 2011

Review: The 17 Day Diet: A Doctor's Plan Designed for Rapid Results


10 pounds in the first 8 days!, January 11, 2011
By Chevypower
Well the book promises three things.

1. I won't get sick of this diet. (I'm certainly not) - though I admit at times I want chocolate or ice-cream or something, but the author promises by stage 4, I can have some of my treats again on occasion.
2. I won't be left hungry. (this is very true)
3. I will lose 1-2 pounds a day immediately: very true, and I will elaborate.

I'm a 5'8'' male, age 31. The last couple of years I crept up over the 200 lb mark, and I really feel I should be around 160. I weighed in at the doctors office two weeks ago at 212lb! The book had arrived, we (my wife and I) were just going to enjoy Christmas and New Years Eve without being on the diet.
I have weighed myself every day (except the first day) of the diet, at the same time, before breakfast for consistent results.
Day 2, I weighed in at 204-point-something. I feel it is right for me to assume I was AT LEAST 206 on day one - though I wish I had weighed in for accuracy.
I am writing this at work, and my results are at home, but every day showed a weight loss, most days were at least one pound. There were two days of just under a pound.
Today is Day 8, and I weighed in at 196.4.
The book instructs to do 17 minutes of walking per day (or the workout video). We have missed about 3 days of doing this - and still got good results. I'm sure they would be better if I did it every day. But the fact is, 50% of those people at the gym right now going every day, won't even be there in February! I also haven't tried green tea as was strongly suggested in the book.

Look, the book works - anyone who says it's a scam hasn't even bought the book, let alone tried to follow the instructions in it. Probably looking for an excuse to keep drinking 44oz sodas, and eat fast food every day. Tell yourself it's a scam so you don't feel so bad about not dieting. Maybe they are trying to sell their own diet plan and jealous this one is getting so much attention- either way, if you are serious about losing weight, and keeping it down with a long term strategy, starting right now, this book is for you. If you are looking for dramatic results immediately, maybe do the HCG diet for a month and then move on to this one straight away. 

The 17 Day Diet is a simple plan that gets big, long-lasting results if you stick with it and let Dr. Mike help you along the way. Whether this is your first attempt at dieting or your fiftieth, you must believe that you can do this. What matters now is focusing on your goals, identifying what you need to get there, and taking action to begin the process. Your health and happiness are important, so stand strong, believe in yourself, and let your 17 Day Diet begin now!
...

No comments:

Post a Comment